Sunday, April 10, 2011

If you have a tag line, live your tag line

Everyone knows that pregnant women are crazy but I would say that new moms are crazier. The combination of exhaustion, recovery and uncertainty means that you don’t know your own name much less what to do with a new baby.

So many things have changed since your mom has had a baby. A new mom must rely on their gut and the pediatrician. My pediatrician team at Ochsner Heath System is my navigator to this new baby world. I say team because it is not just the doctor that helps you, the nurses are key.

Ochsner’s tag line Healthcare with Peace of Mind is exactly what I have experience from day one of my pregnancy from the OB’s office to the hospital stay and now on to the pediatrician. The doctors and nurses are outstanding but they are only as good as the company. Ochsner is a company who is living the tag line from the bottom up. This is evident from everyone I have interacted with from the lady who greats you at the elevator in the hospital and on to the person who schedules the appointments for the pediatrician.

On a random day of flooding in New Orleans, Baby Crawfish decided to get sick as a dog. Without power at home and at the doctor’s office. I didn’t know what to do. I was feeling alone and unsure of what to do to help my child as her tears were making my heart hurt. I pulled out my phone and tweeted @OchsnerHealth. Within seconds they responded and reassured me and helped me to secure a doctor’s appointment as soon as the power was restored. In the moment it was all they could do, but it was more than enough to make me happy. Having that appointment was the light at the end of the tunnel. I knew that in a matter of a few hours I would be getting Baby Crawfish the care she needed… Healthcare with Peace of Mind.

I did my homework to find the right pediatrician that was a good personality and parenting fit for Baby Crawfish and I. When finding your pediatrician, make sure to get feedback from friends and family prior to the baby arriving. Meet with the prospect pediatricians and make sure you agree with their stance on vaccines, feeding and care. Take notice of their interaction with you. You want to feel empowered and not belittled as a parent. Also meet the other pediatricians in the office, if your doctor is not in the office or out of town you will need to rely on them.

All pediatricians are not created equal make sure your family is receiving Healthcare with Peace of Mind. Thank you to my Ochsner team for being there for us!


This is not a paid endorsement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment