Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who is your Mom-Guide?

As a new mom you know nothing. You don’t have the experience or knowledge to know what is wrong with your child. Baby Crawfish is seven months old. I can’t believe it. It is flying by!  I feel like I am getting a handle on this mommy thing. Either I am getting better at it or she is getting easier…probably a little of both.

I could not have made it to this point without the help of my Mom-Guide. The person who you call to find out if poop is supposed to be that color and for a pep talk when you have not slept in two days is your Mom-Guide. Your Mom-Guide is one of the most important people who helps you during your pregnancy and helps to form you as a mom.

Your Mom-Guide has blazed the trails of mommy hood before you and is a wealth of knowledge. Of course your own mom is a resource but not like your Mom-Guide who is up-to-date on the latest products, baby rules and will tell you that not every day of pregnancy is blissful.

I found out this weekend that I know more than I think I do. I have become a Mom-Guide to those behind me on the mommy hood path. I was helping a newly pregnant cousin cope with morning sickness and had flash backs to my good friend helping me through the same thing.

 I remembered how important my Mom-Guide was to me and that is was my duty to pass on the role of Mom-Guide. It was a major milestone in my mommy career.

Take a moment today to thank your Mom-Guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment